Job Title: Production Operator
Company: Bedmax Limited
Location: Chathill, NE67 5DE
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £11.00 per hour + overtime, Hourly rate to increase with experience and training
Strawmax straw pellets is a product that is produced by a family run company which also produces Bedmax shavings. The business is the first in the UK to produce made-to-measure, high-quality shavings especially for horse bedding. Head Office is in Belford, Northumberland, and the Company has additional dedicated manufacturing plants in Northumberland, Nottinghamshire and Hampshire which also houses a second Strawmax plant.
In 2012 Bedmax Limited was awarded HRH The Queen’s Royal Warrant and is supplier to many other prestigious customers both in the UK and internationally. We are proud to be implementing the Operational Excellence programme throughout the company.
As well as our shavings and pellet products we produce Hotmax, a fuel log, produced from compacted bark and wood dust generated during the production of Bedmax.
Due to the ongoing growth of the business, we are currently looking to recruit a Production Operator to be based at our manufacturing plant in Chathill, Northumberland.
The job will involve carrying out a variety of factory skills safely and efficiently, within an automated process whilst ensuring that production efficiencies and quality are maintained to the highest level. The role of Production Operator is wide ranging and will appeal to an individual who enjoys a role that involves variety.
Whilst training will be provided, to be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Carry out daily equipment checks on all parts of the factory.
- Adhere to all Company Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Operate a forklift truck safely and efficiently.
- Operate telescopic loading equipment safely and efficiently.
- Learn to operate the Strawmax bagging equipment safely and efficiently.
- Fault find basic problems to ensure that the factory keeps running effectively.
- Ensure that the equipment and the factory are kept safe, clean and tidy.
- Ensure all quality criteria are met within the production process.
- Carry out any preventative maintenance on all parts of the factory.
To be effective in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- Own transport due to the rural location of the factory.
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a production environment.
- Forklift driver’s licence essential.
- Excellent reliability and a strong teamworking ethic.
- A desire and ability to learn new skills.
- A compliant approach to safety and quality in the workplace.