Job Title: Production Operator
Company: Bedmax Limited
Location: Patchington, SP11 7AN
Contract Type: Full Time, Permanent, 40 hours per week
Hourly Rate: £12.29 to £13.02 per hour + overtime. Hourly rate to increase with experience and training
Bedmax Limited is a family run company which is the first in the UK to produce made-to-measure, high-quality shavings especially for horse bedding. Head Office is in Belford, Northumberland, and the Company has additional dedicated manufacturing plants in Nottinghamshire and Hampshire, which also houses a second Strawmax plant.
As well as our shavings and pellet products we produce Hotmax, a fuel log, produced from compacted bark and wood dust generated during the production of the Bedmax product.
In 2012 Bedmax Limited was awarded HRH The Queen’s Royal Warrant and is supplier to many other prestigious customers both in the UK and internationally. We are also proud to be implementing the Operational Excellence programme throughout the company.
We also take great pride in providing stability of employment and we are currently looking to appoint additional staff who want to be part of a growing business and who can fit into the excellent organisational culture that exists within the Company.
Due to the ongoing growth of the business, we are currently looking to recruit a number of Production Operators to be based at our manufacturing plant in Patchington, Hampshire.
The job will involve carrying out a variety of factory skills safely and efficiently, within an automated process whilst ensuring that production efficiencies and quality are maintained to the highest level. The role of Production Operator is wide ranging and will appeal to an individual who enjoys a role that involves variety.
Whilst training will be provided, to be successful in this role you must be able to:
- Carry out daily equipment checks on all parts of the factory.
- Adhere to all Company Health, Safety & Environmental policies and procedures.
- Operate a forklift truck safely and efficiently.
- Operate telescopic loading equipment safely and efficiently.
- Learn to operate the Bedmax bagging equipment safely and efficiently.
- Fault find basic problems to ensure that the factory keeps running effectively.
- Ensure that the equipment and the factory are kept safe, clean and tidy.
- Ensure all quality criteria are met within the production process.
- Carry out any preventative maintenance activities within the factory.
- To be effective in this role you must be able to demonstrate:
- A minimum of 3 years experience in a production environment.
- Forklift driver’s licence essential.
- Excellent reliability and a strong teamworking ethic.
- A desire and ability to learn new skills.
- A compliant approach to safety and quality in the workplace.