“Horses Through the Seasons”
We are delighted to launch our 2023 calendar competition, and we are looking for images of your horses to reflect this years theme.
We are searching for the best 12 pictures to be included in our calendar. We would love to see your images that capture the beauty of our favourite animals, and pictures that celebrate their unique contribution to our lives.
Bedmax will be inviting submissions across four seasonal themes, and they will go live throughout the year. For each category, the top 3 images chosen by our judges will be selected to appear on the calendar for that season.
The first seasonal category will be ‘Winter’.
Supporting the British Grooms Association
All profits from the sale of this calendar will be donated to the British Grooms Association, which is the professional association for everyone that works with horses, offering support, advice, educational tools, a community, and a united voice
- Entrants can submit up to three photos in each seasonal competition. The images can be in colour or black and white.
- Photographs must be at least 1MB in size to assure quality for printing.
- You must have taken the photograph. It must not be taken by anyone else or be watermarked in any way.
- Closing date for ‘Winter’: 12pm Noon on 31st March 2022.
Terms and Conditions
- The title of the Bedmax 2023 Calendar Competition – is ‘Celebrating Horses’ and there is a category for each of the four seasons. We are looking for beautiful photographs that capture the majesty of our horses.
- The decision of the judges as to the eligibility of individual photographs will be final and no correspondence will be entered in to.
- Photographs must be taken in the UK with the location identified.
- Entrants can submit up to three photos in total either to a single category or across all four. The images can be in colour or black and white, or as JPEGS uploaded to our competition website. Photos must be at least 1MB in size to ensure high-quality images and fair competition.
- Entrants must not be professional photographers. For the purposes of this competition, a professional photographer will be considered to be someone who makes more than half their annual income for the sale of their photographs. Entrants under the age of 18 need the verifiable consent of a parent or guardian to enter.
- Entrants submitting their entry online must complete all sections of the online entry form via the website.
- The Judging Panel will consist of members of the Bedmax team.
- The Judges will select 3 images of each category.
- All entries must be the original work of the entrant and must not infringe the rights of any other party. The entrants must be the sole owner of copyright in all photographs entered and must have obtained permission of any people featured in the entries (or their Parents/guardians if children under 16 are featured.)
- Entrants must not have breached any laws when taking photographs.
- Entrants will retain copyright in the photographs they submit. By entering the competition all entrants grant to Bedmax the right to publish and exhibit their photographs on their website, in print and across all social media channels in perpetuity. The photographs may be used for publicity purposes. Bedmax will make every effort to credit photographers, however cannot guarantee that every use will include the photographers’ names. Please note that images may be shared more widely if picked up from social media channels.
- By entering, entrants will be deemed to have agreed to be bound by these rules and Bedmax reserves the right to exclude any entry from the competition at any time and in its absolute discretion if they have reason to believe that the entrant has breached these rules or acted fraudulently in any way or brings Bedmax into disrepute.
- Bedmax reserves the right to cancel this competition or alter any of the rules at any stage, if deemed necessary in their opinion and if circumstances arise outside of their control.
- These rules are governed by the laws of England and Wales. This competition is administered by Bedmax.
To enter the competition, you have provided us with your personal data including your photographic entry. Bedmax is the ‘data controller’ of this information. Bedmax processes your personal data on the basis of its legitimate interests. If you are shortlisted or successful in winning the competition Bedmax reserves the right to retain your data indefinitely. If you are unsuccessful, your data will be retained for 12 months after the competition closes, at which point it will be destroyed. Data protection law gives you rights in relation to your personal data, including the right to request from the controller access to and rectification or erasure of your personal data or restriction of its processing and to object to processing. Bedmax will protect your details and will not share your data outside with any other third parties without your permission.